Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Baby Update

I went to the OB on Thursday. The nurse told me my blood pressure was about 20 digits higher than normal, which she didn't like. When the Dr. came in, he checked me and said nothing was happening down there yet.  He looked at my feet... they were huge. He asked if I'd been nauseous or had headaches, I said yes to both.  He ordered blood labs and a urine sample.  It was determined that I needed to stay off my feet that weekend until I could come back on Monday, to have my blood pressure checked again.

The weekend was kinda boring, staying down.  Especially since I have a full blown case of nesting and want everything cleaned out and perfect.  

Monday came and my blood pressure was the same.  They had me lay on my left side for 10 minutes and took it again.  It went waaaay down. GOOD NEWS! And my feet looked so much better too.  So I thought I would be good to get up on my feet again. Nope. The Dr. asked me to continue to stay off my feet since when I'm down my blood pressure is down.  He also measured me and told me my belly is still huge and ordered an ultrasound. So the ultrasound is tomorrow.  Followed by an appointment with the Dr. once again.  We're becoming great friends lately.  

So I'm working from home and getting pretty bored. Better safe then sorry though.  
Sleep isn't really happening and I'm huge.

Until tomorrow then!

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there Chelsea! I know it's hard to believe right now, but it really will go quickly...or at least that's how you'll remember it eventually! Just be glad this is your first...can you imagine having to be on bedrest when you have other children running around? You'd have to have a super-awesome sister come and stay with you if that were the case...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you are bringing back memories with these last couple of posts! I'm not a bath person, and I think I took a long hot one every night for 6 weeks before Ava came because it was the only way I could deal with my aches and pains every day! The nice thing is that once the baby is here, all the swelling and discomfort and constant peeing are gone almost immediately. You're so close! I'm anxious to hear how your u/s goes, so keep us filled in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Th anks for the update. It doesn't sound awesome being you right now. But your baby is going to be beyond awesome. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete