Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Nash Catch-Up

Nash has been doing some cute little things lately. I was talking to Taylor about how I really need to write some of it down, because there's no way I'm going to remember all the small things he does.  He told me I could blog, which I laughed to. But he's right. I don't think any one really reads blogs anymore, thanks to the wonderful invention of Instagram (which I love). I don't want to fill everyones feed with pictures of Nash, so I'll do it here, even if no one sees it. This way i can remember all the cute things my sweet boy learns and does from day to day. And I think Nash will like to know some of this stuff when he's older.

So for now it's catch up time, here's a few recents...

Nash got his first 2 teeth while we were visiting Grandma and Grandpa in Oregon in August (6 months old). He cried one night for so long and nothing would soothe him. We had no idea what was wrong. He finally passed out and the next morning there was a tooth! We were shocked. A few days later, the other bottom one came in.

Nash got 4 teeth on top a few weeks later. He took it like a champ.

Nash started scooting around the house at about 8 months. He's a full on crawler now. He loves to pull himself up and climb on stuff. He's getting braver and letting go with one hand when he's standing. It's wont be long before he gets even more gutsy and lets go all together.

Nash loves to eat. The only thing he hasn't liked so far is carrots. He loves all fruit, especially mandarin oranges.  We started feeding Nash solids around 5 months and it didn't take him long to figure it out. He recently started on more people food like chicken nuggets, french fries and spaghetti-os, which he loves. I was worried he'd be a picky eater because Taylor was as a child, but so far, so good.

Nash likes to mimic us. He thinks it's a game. We'll cough and then he'll cough. This will go back and forth over and over. He'll just keep fake coughing. He's always had a little fake cough that he does. He's kinda goofy like that, pretending to cough.

Nash is so sweet, but he is not a snuggler. I think we can count on one hand the times he actually snuggled and they haven't lasted long. He's just too busy for it! He's always on the move. He wants to go and be everywhere. Church is particularly tricky, because he can't sit still, plus there are so many people and things to see and investigate.  Last week was the first time in months we didn't have to take him to the foyer. It was a shocker.

Nash is big! He's consistently been in the top 3% of babies in height, weight and head circumference since about 2 months.  At his 6 month wellness check he weighed 22 pounds and the Dr. said he was the size of an 11 month old. Last week at his 9 month wellness check he weigh 25.5 pounds and was 31" long, the size of the average 16 month old.

Nash loves to go on walks in the stroller. We like to walk to the park where they have the baby swings. He loves the swings! He just giggles.

Nash's has recently mastered his first word, which is Mama. He is now working on Dada. He also is pretty good at playing peek-a-boo and high five.

Nash loves the bathtub. He takes a bath every night. He kinda goes crazy in the tub! He splashes us so much and we're usually as wet as him by the end. He's just so excited about it.

Nash is starting to have an interest in tv. When he was a few months old he would lay on the couch and stare at the tv, but now he's really into it. He especially likes Sesame Street, it mesmorizes him. He loves when people sing too. When there are musicals in church he always stops what he is doing and stares at them. He also likes to sing in the car with me. He can't say anything, but I would definitely says he's singing. It's a crack up. Maybe we have a future musician on our hands.

Nash gets to go to his Aunt Lyndsay's house 2 days a week, when I go to the office to work. He's always excited to go and I know he has fun with his cousins Claire and Henry. Claire is a good babysitter. I'm so blessed to have them watch Nash, so he dones't have to do to a day care. I couldn't be more grateful.

Nash is such a joy to have. I'm so blessed to have such a sweet boy. He loves to laugh and have fun and be kinda goofy. Taylor thinks he has my personality, but he definitely has Taylor's looks. They're twins! Taylor is such a good daddy. He was saying the other day that Nash is his best buddy ever. He's so sweet to him.

Okay that's all. I'm glad I did this. I really do want to remember all these things about him.


Some recent tricks....

2 comments:

  1. Just so you know, I still blog (although I am not great at it) and I read your blog when you post. I make our family blog into a book every year so I have a record of all the things we did and how the kids have grown. You'll really be glad you have these things written up down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that Instagram was the death of blogging - it all makes sense now. I think I'm the only one on the face of the planet who isn't taken with Instagram. I don't really like it and I don't know why. Anyway, I loved reading about Nash and I wish we lived close so he and Ava could play together. :)

    ReplyDelete