Saturday, May 21, 2011

I Survived, but I'm Crazy?

I survived flip flop frenzy today. My legs ache and my necks sore, but I survived.  No fights this year and they didn't break the door in this time either (yes both those things have happened in the past).  

I found this receipie the other day and was so excited.  It looks so yummy.  But no one else seems to be as excited as me.  Am i crazy?


Lemon Buddies from Come Together Kids


INGREDIENTS:
9 cups Rice Chex
1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
4 tsp. grated lemon peel
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 cups powdered sugar


DIRECTIONS: 
Measure your cereal into a large bowl and set aside.

Grate your lemon and squeeze out your fresh lemon juice.

Put your lemon peel, lemon juice, white chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.  Stir, then microwave another 30 seconds or so until it's all melted and well combined when you stir.

Pour the lemon mixture over your cereal and stir gently to coat the cereal.

Put about half the cereal mixture in a gallon size Ziploc bag, add one cup of powdered sugar, then add the rest of the cereal and the other cup of powdered sugar.

Tightly seal up the bag and shake to coat the cereal with sugar.

Spread on waxed paper to cool, then store in an air-tight container.



3 comments:

  1. Mmm a summery version of muddy buddies- they sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about it until right now, but I do think I'm very excited about that new recipe. When should I try it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are not the only one... those sound amazing. Maybe I will make them today

    ReplyDelete